Once upon a time I ran a marathon and I loved it! That marathon was in May. Its now been 3 months and I am just now starting to run 2 - 4 miles due to an injury from training. I miss long runs!
I was lucky enough to train with eight of my friends which was so fun and entertaining. The great thing about running with friends is that the time flys, downside is that it almost cripples you from being able to run very far on your own:)
The stars aligned for me on race day. My injury didn't bother me nearly as bad a usual, I ran most of the race on my own and I was super excited about my time of 4:20. It's wasn't super fast, but I had no real expectations for my first other than finishing happy. In light of it being my first and only running 1-2 times a week for more than half of my training I was happy to see that number when I crossed the finish line. I can't wait to run another marathon next summer hopefully without injury and improve my time.
In the meantime i have found another love due to my lack of running and it involves two wheels!
Hero Time
9 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment