Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Welcome Home Baby Jude


After a 24 hr. stay at the hospital it was time to come home. We still had not agreed on a name... the kids and their friends had sent word that the "kids club" had decided he should be named Samuel, Michael or Diego. After a couple of days we had noticed a foul odor and realized it was coming from his belly button. So when he was being circumcised (poor boy) I had the Dr. check it out. She was concerned he may have an internal infection because there were no signs of an outward infection except for the smell. She sent us downtown to Sacred Heart Children's Hospital ER to have test done. Let me tell you, that is one place I do not want to go again. Talk about SCARY people! The hospital itself is great, but the people waiting in the regular ER , SCARY! On the way to the hospital Kevin thought it would be a good idea to name the baby before we got there. I didn't like any of his suggestions and he didn't mind a couple of mine so we settled on Jude, which I love! So Jude Kevin Beykirch was our 24 hr. trial name. At the ER, I panicked watching all the freaky, strung out people and put his name on the registration not thinking about the fact it would be billed to the insurance with that name. So Kevin informed me that I had just made it a bit more official. 5 hours later, everything was fine. Just a stinky belly button and a topical antibiotic. My poor baby getting poked with needles and circumcised in one day. At least he slept REALLY well that night.


The things that happen when the girls play quietly... I found these two monkeys covered in baby powder! A whole BIG bottle of it. My mom said they remind her of little aborigine kids from Australia. The pictures aren't the best, but EVERYTHING was covered.

3 comments:

jessica said...

Yay! I heard he arrived, and have been checking your blog for pictures...he is adorable! Glad you decided on a name...cute!

Lindee said...

Congrats on the baby! Big boy! Hope your recovering ok :)

Misty said...

Congrats on the new little one! Your family is darling. WOW I can't believe we both have four kids, it seems like just yesterday we were talking about boys in good ol Hooper:)