Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Events of the Day

Today turned out to be an eventful day. Campbell , Bea and I took a neighbor girl Mairin to get there nails painted for Mairin's birthday. They love to go and it is quite the special treat. We made a stop at Albertsons for a "free cookie" and then walked down to the nail salon. Of course they all wanted the same sparkly pink polish and felt so special.
The day went on as usual, until I heard some water running. I went to find where it was coming from assuming a toilet was running or someone left the sink water on. OHHH NO... it was me! I left the water running in my laundry room sink that I was trying to fill and completely forgot about it! My entire laundry room was wet into my hallway and 1/2 my kitchen. Luckily my friend was coming to get her haircut just as I discovered this so we both grabbed towels and started cleaning. I was so glad she was here. Four hands were so much better than two. Luckily we got it all up quickly and all the floors will be just fine. I will admit, that for a split second I started contemplating what kind of new wood floor I would pick out to replace it if it were ruined. It's totally fine, and I really like my wood floors I have anyway. It was a entertaining thought.
This is what happens when Moms overly multi task. I can't even remember what I left it to go do, I was caught up in so many things and easily distracted. The sad thing is I did this once before in my last house. Except it was the bathtub I overflowed and it leaked into my light fixture beneath it. That turned out ok too.
I ended my day fixing a delicious coconut chicken curry wraps that of course my children wouldn't eat, except Campbell did have a couple bites. Truthfully, I was making it to take to Recipe Club and it was a hit. Everyone brought really yummy recipes tonight. The topic was "Ethnic Foods".

2 comments:

Britt said...

I've decided that multitasking isn't for me. Too stressful! Can I have your recipe for the wraps?

Jess said...

I am so glad I was there to help :) I want your ethnic recipe, share, please!