Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day






My Valentines started with Jude not really sleeping from 3am - 6am. He would fall asleep for about 15 minutes then wake again. So annoying! So Kevin was nice enough to let me at least pretend to be asleep until 8:00. For Valentines I have started a tradition of "Heart Attacking" my kids beds with little heart shaped, uplifting notes about how wonderful and talented they are. Of course they love it and I leave them a small little treat next to their beds. Well this morning at about 7:00 I woke up to Bowen saying "mom, did you see your valentine?" I looked over and he had left me a Lego ship on my nightstand. Then he comes back in a couple minutes later to a rainfall of stuffed animals. I loved that he woke and was so excited about receiving his Valentines they he immediately wanted to give, so he scoured his room for anything he could find to be a nice gift. Apparently, he thought we would love ALL his animals on our heads. It was so cute! Pretty soon Campbell was running in wishing us Happy Valentines Day too.
Besides the tons of laundry I washed today, I also went to Bowen's class for his party. It's fun to see him in his class. He loves his teacher Mrs. Spears and loves school. (unless you ask him of course)
Campbell celebrated her 100th day of school today! She was so excited for it.
Bea and Jude went and visited agents with Kevin while I was at school. The highlight of her day... getting a box of hearts from someone in the office.
We had a really good dinner, Pork Roast with a Honey mustard rosemary sauce wrapped in bacon. YUM! Ended with FHE lesson on showing LOVE to others and how that makes us "good Christians" and makes our family members happy. Last but not least... decorated mini cupcakes.

1 comment:

amber said...

I don't know if your pork roast could rival my pink Pasta Roni, I didn't volunteer for any parties, forgot to send my kids Valentine Grams in school, and didn't get Sean a single thing. Happy Valentinos!