Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Geddes Family

Our good friends came from Providence, Utah to visit the week school got out in mid June. I had so many fun plans for us to do while they were here but unfortunately most of them got rained out. It RAINED the whole week except one day. The one day it didn't rain we did the Hiawatha Bike ride. Beatrice rode on the tag a long, Jude and Owen in the trailer, the rest of the kids on their own bikes. The first tunnel is 1.7 miles long, dark and cold. About 1/2 way through the tunnel Bea started crying that she was scared and cold. Adam took off with her to get her out faster and she continued to scream and cry even harder. We all made it out and spent about 20 minutes trying to get Bea back on the bike. I tried every bribe possible and nothing was working I was ready to walk my bike carrying Jude and Bea back through the tunnel and sit in the car when she somehow gave in and sat on the bike. Let's just say I did not stop again except to give her a single pringle chip or fruit snack. All the other stash of snacks ended up in the trailer which was with Adam who was booking down the mountain with Jessa and Campbell to make sure we made the last shuttle bus. Bea survived 15 miles on the back of my bike with 1/2 a mini pack of pringles and 1/2 pack of fruit snacks. Whenever she would say she was tired or done with riding I would hurry and distract her by saying "hey look at that tree " or "Bea, look at the pretty water". We made it down the whole ride in 2 hours, which I felt like was a miracle in it's own way. We celebrated the finish with a Subway sandwich and Happy Meals at McDonalds at Silver Mountain. The kids were so excited. I was so happy to survive the ride with my four kids and no husband. Of course I would not have done it without Tallie and Adam there to help. We made MEMORIES :)
Bowling is A GREAT activity when it's raining.




Thanks for coming to visit Geddes Clan! I promise the next time you come it won't rain... then again you have been here in May, June and August and it has rained everytime! So NO PROMISES. Maybe July will work next year :0

2 comments:

Jess said...

What a story, didn't know Bea gave you a run. Your a trooper for going with out your hubs! But yay for friends coming to visit!

Tallie Geddes said...

Hee, Hee, Hee it was pretty crazy but some great memories. Thanks for taking us! Next time we will know better. Rain or not we had a good time with friends!