Monday, May 14, 2012

Fish Tacos!




                                                           They even found Randi on the beach




                                                                    The Crew


                                                                        Captain D
                                                                  Matt Thorne
                                                           The Boat
                                                            Kevin and Neil
(one of my buddies for the weekend)

Kevin celebrated Cinco de Mayo in a fabulous fashion.  Sailing in Southern California with friends. What started out to be a guys surf trip to Oregon Kevin was organizing,  happily got switched to a warmer destination in So. Cal!    A friend who has his captain license had the idea and arranged to charter a sailboat.  They had so much fun.    Surfing/swimming/running in the morning, and then sailing the rest of the day.  Trips like this are so great to get to know each other and build friendships.  Did I mention they ate a LOT of fish tacos.  We have a favorite place called Wahoo Fish Taco's.  I was so jealous!

In the meantime, I volunteered to not only take care of my own four children but also take on our friends 5.  So I experienced life as a single mom with 9 children ages 13 to 2 and a puppy for four days.  I was more than happy to do it so that one of the guys could go (his wife was already going to visit a friend in CA).  The most exciting part of volunteering for this job was that our friend Ryan NEVER does stuff like this (much like Kevin).  The fact that I could help talk him into going and leave his responsibilities at home was so rewarding ( at least I like to think that I had something to do with his decision due to my multiple texts trying to convince him to go;)

I really didn't have a lot of responsibility with the kids other than make sure they stayed alive and were fed, which feeding 9 kids is a task no matter how easy of a meal you are providing.   Carpooling to soccer were arranged and the two older had a sleepover the first night at other friends. My one proud moment that I am happy to document in writing (for  maybe the second time) is that have   I had all 9 kids bathed, clothes ironed, hair combed and even curled, hot breakfast and to 9:00am church 8 minutes early!!! I didn't ever have to take anyone out during sacrament either:)
I did get them off to school Monday too, but I will admit they weren't quite as put together that day.

The kids had a lot of fun playing together and got along great.  They are excited for the next time we get to have a friend babysitting adventure!
I can't forget that I pulled out Seth's tooth and even though the tooth got lost multiple times and never quite made it under the pillow, the tooth fairy still came;)

Fun weekend... kids had fun...Dad's had fun...and even Mom's

2 comments:

Jessica said...

What an amazing friend/wife/mom!

anna said...

You are an amazing friend. And, the church thing...so impressive!