Thursday, July 23, 2009

Lost and Found ...

I am forming a REALLY bad habit of losing valuable jewelry. I inherited Kevin's grandmother's wedding ring a couple of years after we were married. It's a beautiful antique platinum ring. Something you could never replace. A couple of years ago I thought that I had lost it. Kevin was pretty upset and told me I had to tell his dad that it was gone. Yah RIGHT!!!! So with lots of prayers and cleaning out under all of my bathroom stuff. Wah- La! It was found. It wasn't really lost I had put it away for safe keeping , but didn't remember that I had done that. Well about a month ago, I couldn't find my wedding ring. Sick to my stomach, I started searching. Prayed and thought to look in my overnight bag one more time. I looked in a pocket I would never put it in and there it was! Yah, ring round again. And tonight I just found the lost Grandmother's ring again! I noticed a couple of weeks ago that it wasn't on the stand with the band it goes with. I thought no big deal it's probably in my drawer it's a mess, I will look later. Tonight was later, and no ring to be found. I thought for sure it went out with the trash or something. I kept thinking to look under my sink in all my baskets. And there it was, I have no idea how it got there. Lucky for me, I didn't have to confess to my father in law. ( I probably wouldn't anyway, and just feel guilty my whole life.) Now to solve this problem. I keep moving my jewelry locations due to little girls that like to play with it. And they keep finding it. Maybe I will go buy a lock or safe tomorrow. My biggest lesson learned is that each time I have looked I don't find it until I have prayed. The thought comes to my mind and it's always right there. I know my prayers have been answered, not just random thoughts. Now I pray to STOP losing these RINGS!!!! It's too bad I am not 5 , I could send this story to the "Friend".

4 comments:

Jeanie Heslop said...

Yeah, maybe put it away until kids are older.

Natalie said...

I am laughing at your comment about the Friend... It was good seeing you the other day. We should do something soon!

jana said...

Wow I thought I was the queen of losing rings. The last time was when I was visiting my husband during his internship. I thought it would show up and I didn't want anyone to freak out. Well after a couple days I thought I would casually ask if some one picked it up as I remember taking it off to do some cooking with my hands. Well that made the freaking out start and everyone panic. After a few hours of trying to calm everyone down and a few more prayers I found it in the pants pocket I had checked twenty times before. Whew!

Jon, Julee, Maddie, & Dane said...

I've been chewed out alot lately by the most random people about taking off my rings, I didn't know there was a rule against it. But I guess it would help keep them from becoming lost or stolen. I always take them off to give Maddie a bath or when I have to get my hands dirty. So maybe Heavenly Father really wants us to keep them on at all times. You could always try the Friend, can't you picture it saying Melissa B. Providence, UT 29 yrs old.