I normally would consider myself a "seasoned traveler", but on Friday I missed my flight to Spokane to go house hunting. This wasn't due to traffic, I in fact was there 2 1/2 hours early (thanks to the only airport shuttle out of Logan!). It wasn't the congestion of security lines, oh no just the simple fact that for some reason I ended up sitting at the wrong gate and missed my plane. In the mean time I had a gentleman come ask me about his plane that had come and gone that he had missed. And I was thinking oh that poor guy missing his plane, what kind a person misses their plane. Well whatever that kind of person is... it's me!!! I was so emotional after I had realized what I had done that I wondered through the airport for an hour trying to stop crying. I couldn't talk or call anyone without bawling. Luckily I ended up on a 3:00 flight connecting through Seattle and arriving at 6:00. Just in time to eat dinner with Kevin at PF Changs and going to see Sherlock Holmes. So I spent a lovely 6 hours in the airport, while Kevin went house hunting with our realtor. Saturday we went through a few more and ended up making an offer on the house we liked originally in December after Christmas. So we will wait and see what happens. I have actually decided to blame this on being at the airport TOO Early. I felt like I had all the time in the world and wasn't focusing enough on what was going on. I much rather make it through security with just enough time for a potty break before getting on my plane. I also failed to tell my MIL the correct time to pick up Bowen from school. After missing my flight I was so paranoid about missing another that I just kept watching the clock for 4 hours. About quarter to 2:00 it hit me that I had told her to pick him up at 3:20 which is his normal time, neglecting to realize that today was FRIDAY and they are out early at 2:05. The poor kid would have been wondering home in the cold waiting for his grandma to pick him up. Except that this is Bowen and he probably would have gone home with someone eventually but then Grandma wouldn't know where to find him. Luckily I caught that one on time. I don't know that my brain will survive another baby!
Hero Time
9 years ago
6 comments:
The house looks adorable. Sorry about the flight. It happens to the best of us. Keep us posted on the offer. Is it too early to say Welcome to Spokane??!!!
Where is my comment I thought I posted yesterday. I love the house. I love the story. At least you got a good dinner out of it. Love
Wow! Great house! That sucks about missing your plane. I could totally see the same thing happening to me though...pregnant or not! I sat with a friend in the wrong movie theater for half an hour once wondering why our movie wasn't starting! ha! Anyway at least you made it in time to eat at pf changs and catch a movie. Can't wait to hear if you got the house ;)
Sorry, but that is sort of funny about you missing your plane:( Love the house, can't wait to see the inside!
Beautiful, I hope it works out!
I am so paranoid about that happening to me. Now that I have discovered Southwest and their service and credit for missed flights, I don't know how I can ever travel on a different airline.
Sounds like you have Jana Brain. I feel like my brain is a few minutes behind.
Jeez- I missed my flight to Vegas last week. It took me the WHOLE day to get over how stupid it was. As I sat in the airport for 7 hours waiting for the next flight and realizing that I could have driven there faster. Luckily Lars was a good sport and totally rearranged his schedule so I could stay an extra day. Us moms can not afford to make mistakes like that but it is probably because we are moms that we do. Anyway - just thought you would like to know that you are not the only mush brain out there.
Post a Comment