Monday, May 10, 2010

What a week

I don't have pictures because I need to charge my camera, but this is what I spent my last week doing....
Kevin went to Arizona for the week, so my MOM came and spent a few days. We went searching all over Spokane for furniture stores, fabric stores, thrift stores & Antique stores. We completely exhausted ourselves and my girls. The fabric stores were all duds as far as home decor goes, but darling quilting selections. I have never seen so many thrift/antique stores in my life and all the furniture stores had nothing (at least not what I was looking for). So after spending days searching, I ended up buying fabric that I had found a couple weeks ago. And I am going to order a couple chairs online.
Thanks to my mom my kitchen chairs are recovered and a couple of new pillows on the couch. Lots and lots of staring and contemplating trying to decide what to put where. We went back and forth to TJ Maxx looking for "just the right stuff", and ended up returning 2 bags worth of stuff and reworking some things I already had. It was a great week, but very tiring.
We ended the week by picking Kevin up from the airport and heading straight to Moses Lake for Mother's Day. The weather was perfect, my uncle made a delicious Prime Rib dinner and the kids just ran around outside. A perfect Sunday. I can't remember the last time I spent Mother's Day with my own Mom. Probably not since High School. I love living close to my family that is here. It's fun to be able to jump in the car and be there in 1 hour 40 mins. ( I time it every time.) Pictures to come, I promise.

3 comments:

Celly said...

I am not sure why I haven't been checking your blog ! I am so excited that you will be in the area when I come up now. I will guarantee you I will see you more now that you live in Washington--then when we both were living in Utah! I will be seeing you sooner then later...if summer ever decides to come.

Tallie Geddes said...

I hope you are not to worn out - we will be there in a week! Can't wait to see you completed projects in person!

Britt said...

I don't know how you do it all! You've always got a project in the works!