Saturday, March 7, 2009

Impressions...

I went to a movie last night with some neighbor girls.  This morning these are the first things Campbell says to me...
C - "What movie did you see with your friends mom?"
M -" Oh a movie about a girl that likes to shop"
C - " OOOHH MOM, was it you?  Was it a movie about YOU?" (stated very excited and innocently, not sarcastic as if it were coming from Kevin!)
M - "Umm, No!"

Wow!  The impressions we make on our children. Now who honestly doesn't enjoy the purchase of a new item once in a while?  I didn't realize she new this side of me at such a young age.  And I certainly don't shop like I did when I was single and had nothing better to do than buy new clothes.  Especially when I worked at the Gap downtown Seattle.  What better way to spend your paycheck than pay rent and enjoy your 50% off discount!  How those days are LONG gone!  If you asked my siblings they will gladly share the story of when I was 14, my parents left us some pizza money while they were out of town and I used part of it to buy a new shirt.  They enthusiastically exaggerate this story, I will admit it is true.  It happened once, and I was 14! 

1 comment:

jana said...

Ha, Ha, Ha, that is so cute. With our long dragged out move we would stay at a hotel then go to the house in the morning. But I would always think of something to pick up "on the way." Then when we moved in the kids kept asking when are we going to the store, we need something...
Have fun on your trip.