Monday, May 11, 2009

I will pay you a dollar...


 So Bowen has had this loose tooth FOREVER!  Kevin and I have been dying for it to come out.  We finally got to the point of tying floss to it.  Bowen wandered around one night slowly  pulling on the tooth and eventually got one side pretty good, but it actually made matters worse because then it's all he could think about.  He couldn't sleep that night.  He wasn't concentrating at school (so he says).  The next day I decided that thing had to come out.  So with some different attempts and finally a bribe of a dollar from each of us for a turn to pull it out  the tooth came out!  I was the lucky winner.  I love to pull out loose teeth.  I usually bribe the neighbor kids too, but they won't let me.  I don't know why!?  I am sure if our dental friends see this, they will let me know we weren't doing it right.  I am sure there is a right way.  The lucky kid ended up with two dollars from us and another from the tooth fairy.  We are going to be broke if we keep this up.

5 comments:

Shelby said...

The thought of pulling out teeth makes me cringe. That is too funny.
I am glad I finaly get to see your cute family!

Natalie said...

I cannot believe you enjoy pulling out teeth. Yuck! Tell Bowen great job! See you tomorrow!

LJABC and D said...

every time Lewis sees a kid with a loose tooth he can hardly stand it. I think you should have been an oral surgeon. lew pulls teeth all day long! great job bowen!!

M. Gallagher said...

I don't know Meliss... it looks a little like torture to me. And the fact that you enjoy it so...

jana said...

My kids are starting to wonder why the tooth fairy is so tight with them. I told them Bowen must brush his teeth more and that he lets his mom pull his teeth. I am too much of a wimp so I am releaved Avery likes to inflict her own pain. She has pulled out all 4 of her teeth by herself and likes to get dig for her own slivers.