Before we celebrate the first day of school. I would like to back up to the DAY BEFORE!
...The kids and I were running errands trying to get last minute preparations done for school. As far as school clothes were concerned I thought we were set for a while at least until it cooled down. Who knew it would be in the low 60's when school started. So we hit the mall to find Bowen a few things. This went quite smoothed considering I was dragging all four kids to the mall. We finished there without any major events happening, but then came Target. On the search for Campbell some new shoes, since they can't wear backless sandals or flip flops to school. We first got our usual popcorn and drink to share. Slowly the sillies started coming. Then we made our to the shoes, we had Bowen crying because Bea had kicked his finger while she was in the cart and he was trying to push it. Campbell found shoes she liked, we moved on to the clothes. Then we had kids bugging each other, teasing ect. And I hear crying and turn my head just in time to watch the WHOLE cart tip over on its side! I caught Jude in his car seat right as he was hitting the ground , Campbell hit her head and got a big goose egg, Bowen in shock and Bea crying because everyone else was. Before I knew it two employees where there getting Campbell ice and actually being quite friendly as this CRAzy mom with four kids are causing such a ruckus . We all survived! What a sight for spectators. My kids learned a good lesson that it's NOT a good idea to pester each other while Bea is in the cart or at a store. Of course I realize I am not the first person this has happened to, but still traumatic.
And now the first day of school...!
Bowen is excited for 2nd grade!
Bowen getting out. Telling us "2nd grade is AWESOME"!
Campbell finally getting off the bus. Loving her dad.
Before we knew it the day was over and time to pick everyone up again!
6 comments:
Okay so I gasped outloud when I read about your cart tipping over...seriously, so scary!
Glad you had a good first day after all the commotion at Target! And posts like this always make the rest of us Moms realize that our kids aren't the only ones!!! haha! They all look so cute! We miss you here :)
Well the target trip COULD have been worse - so no worries! Don't you love how you count down to school starting and then when it comes - you cry when they go - moms are strange creatures!
Hey I finally did that Jessa baptism post you wanted - 2 months late - not to shabby!
Scary about the cart tipping. Last year I had Paige and Ben tip a cart in Staples and they were worried but I think I was more embarrased as we only ran into the store for that LAST item on the school list and it was a ten second stop if I was alone. Ahh the joys of shopping with 4. What cute first day of school pictures. I slept in on the first day so the kids missed the bus and didn't even go on the first day. Pretty anti-climatic.
Nice catch with Jude, when your cart tipped over. That's so scary.
I love that Campbell changed clothes a couple times, before settling on an outfit. I am still doing that.
Post a Comment