Friday, June 24, 2011

Back up to May Again






In May I accomplished a long time goal of running a half marathon. Yeah I finally did it! A few weeks ago I actually ran across an old journal entry from when we ran a Salt Lake 5k and talking about how the next year we wanted to run the 1/2. Well that was 5 years ago! Thanks to my friends for enduring the first few weeks of me building my mileage up from NOTHING, in 10 weeks time I was ready. It's amazing to me how fast you can build when you have someone to talk to along the way. Way more entertaining than my ipod. Before I had Jude I was an on again off again runner. Never really accomplishing much past 3 or 4 miles, with the exception of the Wasatch Back relay Kevin and I did a couple summers ago (which was 19 miles broken up into 3 legs over a 24 hr. time frame... so FUN!) Anyway, this was way different running consecutively. During training and after I was running on average about 9.25's or so... I think. I had two really good 12 mile runs in the weeks before. Unfortunately, my stomach got the best of me that day so between stomach cramps, the anxiety of running it alone which lead to a slight emotional breakdown I didn't finish with my best time. The important thing is that I still had tons of fun and ready to redeem myself with another race, that I KNOW I can run better.



2 comments:

jessica said...

You kicked butt M! Seriously, you were such a huge motivation for me. I loved every mile we ran together!

jana said...

Awesome, That would be fun to go with you but I wouldn't be able to keep up I'm afraid. Way to go!