Backwards Easter! This is how we ended our day. Dinner with our friends the
Shenemans and Whitings. The kids had fun with their egg hunt on the lake. Bowen couldn't get around fast enough he was so worried he wouldn't get enough eggs.

The kids climbing down to the "fort". It's basically a cliff above the beach. They LOVE it!


Shouting " We love EGGS"

The ONLY picture I got of everyone in their Easter clothes. It is always such a hassle getting out the door to church. Once we were home everyone changed before I could get to them. All except Campbell.

Easter morning, EB brought bubble wands. They were a HIT!




Good Morning Everyone!


Typical COLD Easter. At least there wasn't any snow!


Kevin laying down the law with Campbell. It wouldn't be a morning without someone needing some talking too.


I love Campbell's letter to EB. I love how she always signs her name with the number 2 after it. (she is #2 in her Kindergarten class, so she is Campbell2 on EVERYTHING).
The Saturday before, we went to someone in the Stakes house for a HUGE egg hunt and pot luck. It was a lot of fun for the kids. We barely made it in time, just as we pulled up I saw a rush of kids in the field heading out for eggs. I yelled for my kids to JUMP and RUN! So worried they would miss it. They would have been so disappointed. The hosts were very gracious to feed everyone that came. I heard they hid thousands of eggs throughout their property. So FUN!
Last and certainly NOT least, we really enjoyed teaching our kids about the atonement and why we celebrate Easter. I feel like they gained a little more insight about the importance of the sacrament too as we had a family home evening lesson on being reverent and not trying to talk to MOM during the sacrament. I love teaching moments.
No comments:
Post a Comment