If not you, how about your CAR?! I ran Campbell to Ballet today and thought I would run to the bookstore and get a couple things. After circling the block and parking lot twice and not finding a thing. I even attempted parallel parking on main street with coming traffic, then realized I was in front of a alley so I had to move. So I decided to park in a parking lot that said something about designated parking, Blah blah blah, violators towed at owners expense. Of course I thought I will only be a minute and they don't really enforce these things
WRONG!!! Apparently they do, because I came out not joking 15 minutes later and had two big signs on my car with Bright RED BOOTs on all 4 tires! And they fine you $70, yikes. Funny I spent $2.35 on scrapbook paper, and $ 70 on a parking fine. So I called Kevin and asked him to pick up the kids from their locations. Thank goodness Kevin doesn't have the best luck with tickets and damaging cars, especially mine! So no need to lecture, right? Luckily for Beatrice there is a Great Harvest Bread across the street so we helped ourselves to a treat while we waited, but I was still fuming and was afraid I might break into tears in public so we walked back to the car. I called my cousin Amber to take my mind off of the situation while I waited. About the 5th time calling the towing company I realized I had been entering my number wrong, so 1 1/2 hours later the guy comes takes my money and releases my tires. And to top it off I realize this guy had been standing 2 cars down from me for about 20 minutes casually shooting the breeze with someone else and then comes to unlock me. Seriously the nerve! Way to rub it in I guess. Lesson learned. (at least in that parking lot!) The funny thing is I have always very much steered clear of that lot, until today apparently feeling a little invincible. HAH!
2 comments:
I hope your scrapbooking page turns out spectacular, after all it cost $70 bucks!!
Ahhh... I got the boot once in Rexburg. They apparently changed the parking lot lines after I left birch and I didn't pay attention with the snow and all. But yeah it only took a moment to run into my old apartment and get something from a friend and Wham! they get you. I think my husbad was more frustrated about it then I was. I guess I just let him get mad for me, but yeah I still have the sticker on my old purse that says you have gotten the boot, do not try and drive with this on.
Post a Comment