Saturday, October 25, 2008

Cookies 4 Sale

Bowen was so cute on Thursday!  On the way home from the Pumpkin Walk he was asking me if he could have a garage sale so he could sell cookies.  I told him we didn't need to have a garage sale , but he could still sell cookies.  Friday after school he helped make pumpkin sugar cookies and we wrapped them in cellophane bags with ribbons.  He made his own sign and pulled our kids table to the front to set up his stand.  I realized at 3:00 in the afternoon he may not get a lot of customers driving by , so I suggested he go door to door.  He came back 3 times to reload and was so PROUD of himself! Next time I think he will listen when I suggest he up his price from 10 cents to a quarter. Kevin asked him if he was going to pay his tithing...He responded with " Dad, is the church ever going to pay me back?"  He is usually very excited to pay his tithing, but that was when he hadn't really worked for his earnings.  We'll see what happens on Sunday.  When we were delivering our BOOed treats he kept asking if he could ask the people to pay him for their treats.  He is very excited to sell again...we'll just have to give the neighbors a little break.


2 comments:

tiff said...

a little entrapreanuer (I have no clue how to spell that)

The Johnson's said...

I ripped him off!! I didn't see his sign or his price, and I had NO money, no change, nothing, all I could find was a nickel and that is what we gave him for one cookie! I wish I would have had a dollar, he would have loved that!! Next time he sells cookies, give me a heads up so I make sure I have some money!