Last week my friend was over getting her bangs trimmed , we were visiting for quite a while and thought isn't nice the girls(meaning Campbell, her daughter and another neighbor)are playing so well they haven't made a peep. Then Kevin comes up carrying about 10 opened boxes of flavored milk. I put the milk in the fridge and the girls keep playing then Kevin tells us we should probably come downstairs. The girls decided they were going to make popcorn in the play kitchen using real oil and popcorn. You can imagine the mess! I am still trying to figure out how they got by us. So my friends runs to grab her carpet cleaner and Bissel Spot cleaner. It works great, problem solved. Then last night Bowen comes up at 11:45 and says that he has thrown up in his bed. So we go through the routine of bath, blanket bed on my floor and a bucket. I head down to clean up and can't handle the smell so I pack up all the bedding and stick it in the wash pushing every turbo boost/extra wash/extra rinse on my machine hoping that will get it all. The smell was so bad I had to throw one of the pillows outside until I had more room in the wash. I went back downstairs to finish cleaning up to find the mess seeped through and onto the mattress. Luckily I have a bad habit of not returning things very promptly and still had the spot cleaner! I am hoping the mattress is saved from a permanent vomit smell. Poor Bowen was sick all night, but doing better this morning. Later in the morning I noticed a towel at the top of the stairs. I moved the towel and found a nice little hot cocoa spill, thanks to Campbell. Once again was able to have the handy spot cleaner save the day! I am definitely going to buy my own spot cleaner now. Just think of all the potty training incidents I will be able to clean in the future! And my carpet may have a future of it's own.
No comments:
Post a Comment