For those who dwell in Utah know this past weekend was UEA, so no school Thursday & Friday. We decided to take the kids to California for the weekend. Wednesday after school I loaded everyone up and pulled out by 12:04 pm. (Not bad considering Bowen got home at 11:45). After 20 minutes of picking out treats at Maverick, 10 minutes at Subway and 15 at McD's we were on our way! (But who's Keeping track) I felt in a rush not only because I just wanted to get there but also because I knew Kevin would be waiting at the airport for us in LasVegas. The drive was great, we picked up Kevin and a little In-N-Out for the drive and arrived in Laguna Beach about 1:00 am Mountain time.
All the kids fell asleep in the car, but only Bowen decided to stay asleep. Campbell & Beatrice were bouncing off the walls until about 2:30 am.
With little sleep we surprised the kids with Disneyland on Thursday. We had a great time! No melt downs, and Bea was an Angel. Bowen got picked for the JEDI training(with a little help from his crazy mom standing behind him waving his arms, jumping up and down with video camera in hand, giving the pleading look of PLEASE PICK MY KID!It worked. I wasn't about to live with the disappointment. Campbell luckily saw her princess's in the parade, since we missed the Princess stuff earlier in the day. Shh! she doesn't know that she missed anything. Bowen's favorite ride was of course Pirates of the Caribbean and Thunder Mountain. He thought it was funny how his bum kept lifting off the seat. Campbell liked Splash Mountain( I kind of snuck her on)and Buzz Lightyear. She was so funny on Splash Mountain, she would cover her eyes on all the hills anticipating the BIG one. She just laughed when it finally came. She also liked fairy tale boat ride, where she could see all the princess castles. We truly wore them out, Campbell was asleep by 8:00, so we fed Bo & Bea dinner. Then Bea was asleep by 8:30 so we thought this is great we can take Bowen on all the big rides. We weren't ten feet from our dinner table and he was out! I was so excited to keep going strong until 11:00! Kevin wasn't interested in going on rides by himself so we called it a day by about 9:00. As Kevin practically ran I slowly left the park watching the fireworks as I walked wishing the day wasn't over yet. It was a great day! Even Kevin admitted he had fun, which goes against the"natural Beykirch". Kevin has been anti Disneyland until NOW!
We spent the next two days on the Beach, wondering around Laguna. The kids loved the beach. They had a blast digging to China, building castles and volcanos. Beatrice kept licking her fingers filled with sand, and then I realized it was the salt that was probably appealing to her.
I know this is long but I wanted it so I can look back and remember details. What a great memory this trip will be.
1 comment:
It looks like you guys had a super time! Your family is so beautiful... we miss you guys!
Post a Comment