Sunday, October 14, 2012

September Seattle Getaway

Kevin had a work conference a couple weeks ago in Seattle that I got to tag along to. Thanks to Grandparents for coming into town to babysit.   I flew over and met him on a Thursday.  He was working so when I got into town spent a few hours shopping then went for a quick bike ride before dinner.  Love when the company is picking up the tab!  We stayed at the Marriott on the Waterfront.    The next two days while Kev was in meetings I rode my bike around different Seattle neighborhoods that I love.  It was so fun to see a city I know well in a different way.  Trails I have never been on took me by parts of the city you would never see in a car.  Other sites I have seen a hundred times were different on wheels.  I loved it.  Mid day Friday I met up with Kevin and we walked to REI and back.  Kind of a funny walk to do when there are a million other places to go and see.  Just not that scenic or interesting.  At least we were alone and together.  Another fabulous dinner that night.  Saturday I headed out for another ride and called kevin to see if he was done working yet, this was the day we were going to do all our "fun" stuff together.  He told me he felt like we should go home early because Bowen was sick.  Boo Hoo for sick Kids!  I was so SAD, pouted for quite a while.  So disappointed I was getting to spend more time away with him.  I had a fabulous time by myself but hadn't gotten my Kevin fix.  At least we had the 4 1/2 hour drive home together, just not as fun as paddle boarding on Lake Union.  


This isn't the moon behind us, it's the new giant ferris wheel!
Kevin bought tickets online, then realized he bought them for the Chicago ferris wheel.
WHAT??? So funny!

Magnolia, one of my favorite neighborhoods.  Seattle needs some rain so the grass turns green again:)


Looking into the sound to Alki 


Fremont Bridge

Golden Garden Park

I found this super fun bridge that goes over a huge railway line.
It was really green and pretty and hidden

night out on the town

Fremont ~ center of the universe

lake union

Gas Works park






What I love about Spokane is how close we are to Seattle and how often we go and visit.  I love my old stomping grounds!

No comments: